For The Love Of Pets
So, here I am back in my city, called Ningbo. Nothing to do, except allow time to flow and show me what is next coming for me. Out of the blue, my daughter told me to get a pet. Since I had grown up with a pet, I said "why not". I always wanted a dog, so I began asking around in groups if there was anyone having puppies to give away.
To my utter surprise, someone approached me to care for a kitten. They had many to care for and were looking for anyone who would care for this small one. After some mind boggling confusion, we finally decided to go for it and get the small little one.
Before going, we were told to get somethings ready, such as cat bag, cat litter, cat food, cat bed. And here I was, "I am getting cat and I have added more additional responsibility to myself". Anyways, I still went ahead to purchase them.
The day came to get the little one. We picked her up in a cat bag and took her directly to the vet to have her checked-medically if she was fit and well. She was alright, except that she had ear mites. The vet was very helpful and advised on how to care for her, and I almost gave up the kitten after hearing so many DOs and DON'Ts.
Anyways, we brought her home, opened the bag, she crept out slowly and quickly ran under a reclining sofa. Now this was another drama, which I didn't need. Lucky for me, my daughter's friends had come over and with their help, we managed to get her out of the sofa. BUT only for her to find another hiding spot.
From that day till now, its has been almost 3 months and what I felt like at that time and what I feel at the present moment, changed. She has adapted to us, and we have also adapted to her. She does all her nonsense of messing the house and I my duty to clean it up. Her curiosity has made us so cautious of leaving food or dangerous things out in the open. Its been a fun time learning how to care for her and seeing her grow in front of our eyes.
Didn't know that cats had their own personality, and this one surely has one too. Here's dedicating this page to my cat whom I have named as "Princess". (this wasn't my choice, but it came easily to my mouth and mind).
Cheers to all those who have cats. Treasure them. They are precious, though sometimes annoying.
Comments
Post a Comment