Dreadful Day!!!
SO now we reside in our new apartment, 1st floor, 3 rooms, a big living room, and 2 toilets-with one being a bathroom as well. So now I thought, "all is going to be well", but I was proved wrong.
We were residing in this new place from October and during this time, hubby could still visit the therapy center with my helper- except on rainy days, which were not many. As the days went by, his outing became less as he found it very difficult to climb up. Then one dreadful day, he decided to to go out for lunch and when we returned, he had the worst of the worse fall in the middle of the 8 steps stairways. He couldn't stand, and had lost his power in his left leg and didn't have the energy to even stand. As he dropped, my helper was behind to prevent him from falling backwards and I immediately ran down to prevent him from falling on his face. From no where, 2 miraculous angels came to help us to carry him up to our apartment. It was dreadful, scary and so so traumatic for me, my helper and most of all for him. We somehow managed to drag him up and inside to the apartment.
Finally we got him inside and sat him on the chair. He rested for sometime and said he was fine to walk again to the toilet. (he was using his walker as a help). And there again he had another fall. While I write this, I am having palpitations and just re-living the whole incidence. But it's better for me to pen it down and get it out of my system, otherwise, I might just explode and go crazy. I didn't talk about this with my friends, just with my sister and my soul sister based in JKT. It was, however, quite irritating to watch hubby talk about this to every person, till i had to remind him to stop talking about it over and over. I am truly grateful to those 2 neighbors who came to help us. It was a couple, and they were old. But despite their age, they both were very strong and extremely helpful. I am truly, truly grateful.
Anyways, after that day, he has been on his wheel chair and is now mighty scared to stand on his own and apparently loosing his leg power. In order to not allow the muscles to get weak, I had to search for exercises which he can do while sitting down.
My helpers learnt how to do guasha ( a sort of Chinese massaging using a special stone ). This helped the blood circulation in his legs. I learnt a bit of acupuncture. I learnt and continue to learn various leg exercises which can be done while sitting. He continues to take TCM.
To be contd...
Comments
Post a Comment