I am not BROKEN, I am a SELF MADE person.
Starting this article, rather abruptly. Nothing planned in my head, just having some thoughts pouring in and just had to spill it out.
So I begin here by talking to whoever this might resonates, no specific person (though i have one specific person in MY MIND to whom I have directing this to-you know yourself).
Last night I receive an insta post stating that about being an over-thinker, not liking any praises from anyone, saying that how one can be broken, and constantly apologizing.
Firstly, when I read this post, I was like HUMM, is the writer putting oneself down, or looking for love from others, or doesn't know how precious they are to their own loved one. Having all these thoughts, I started thinking, HOLY COW, I’m also over thinking. YES, I’m also an over thinker, and thats why, I wake up first thing on Sunday morning, and penning this down at 7am. That's my wonderful SLEEP time, but my monkey mind had to have thoughts and had to pen it down. Does this make me a bad person or person who people should stay away from, or not to have friends. It's becoz of my over thinking mind, I am able to say my thoughts clearly in this write-up.
Hence, to all the over thinkers, direct it, or maybe you are ALREADY directing it towards a direction, and you don't even know it, and that's WHY you are where you are.
I recently found out my good friend is an over thinker - my sister is, my 2 best friends (A and A) are, my first BF is. And I’m also one to join this group.
Now coming to over apologizing, well, thats a personalty trait one has adapted (and not adopted) from a certain age of their life. Does that make them anything less, NOT AT ALL. Infact, people tend to look up to these people, and wonder, and probably say to themselves "wow, he/she can sorry many times and not have any ego" but will FOOLISHLY not learn from these people. I am in awe of these people, esp since I have lived with a person for 25 years and never once did I hear my partner say "I’m sorry", and in fact I had to say it many times, and then I became smart and stopped but instead continue to say to my learners (small and big) and to my daughter. BUT still can't say to my own mom. (that's bad of me), BUT I do say to my sister, coz she reciprocates humbly and stays quiet and doesn't continue to taunt me. You know what I mean!!
About not accepting praises, well, how does one react in receiving gifts, does the person accept it or reject it? Of coz accept it, so just accept it, HUMBLY. And continue to stay humble. I have a few Librans in my life, and I have found that they are the most pompous ones, they like people praising them and over showering them with praises. But I must say, I have 2 such Librans, whom I know (my sister and the special reader) who accept self praises with humbility (if there is such a word). Its alright to be who are you are, that makes you both outstanding, that special person again whom EVERYONE wants to be with.
You guys always want to put yourself down, BUT you refuse to see that many still love you all, and just want to be with you. Doesn't matter, if it's just for a short while, or for a long time. Maybe it was meant to be this way.
Don't always question, just accept, and it will make your mind to understand them better and have a good laugh and some memory about them (good or bad, doesn't matter) at the end.
Putting yourself down, it's like being UNGRATEFUL for what you have become. Reader and readers, appreciate yourself, love yourself, you have touched the sky and reached places becoz of what you ARE and worked towards and NO ONE else.
Honestly, i didn't know how to love myself, until I met a friend in 2010, with whom she made me to learn to love traveling, and exploring the world thru her eyes. We still dream of exploring more countries together, she hasn't had an adaptable travel company after me. (yes, self praising myself).
I have so much more to pen down (my overthinking mind), but it will then become boring to read.
"I have a dream" speaker Martin Luther King was an over thinker, and the most humble human being. Becoz of his over thoughts, he touched and reached places. It's our minds that makes us what we are, and nothing else. How you think is how you become.
Please stop critically viewing yourself and passing comments (not judgements) about yourself. You know yourself best and that's why you know what you like and what you dont like. Accept, appreciate and love yourself. You are NOT BROKEN, you have touched the sky but you just don't know it.
Comments
Post a Comment