COVID Time
I know I was supposed to finish up the event from the previous post, but it's too traumatic for me to think about the days that followed up after that dreadful day. I want to erase it out from my memory but i can't ; and have to live with it and accept it; then it becomes easier to live and accept.
As i write this new post, it's been more than 2 weeks and lots have happened and not really happened. No dreadful incidences after that day, but no progress and only downfalls. Or maybe, i can say more progress in my inner self and no progress from hubby's point of view.
I went online school due to to COVID spread in my country. One by one, all the teachers at my work place were sick and some were dreadfully SICK! My Chinese partner fell ill and she was quite bad. And as the days went by, news of this and that teacher falling sick was spreading. Its only natural that I panic. Coz precisely at that same time, my 2 helpful helpers also started getting their symptoms. Hubby told them not to come and let them to rest at home but it was only a matter of time that we both fell ill.
First he was attacked with the body aches, and sore throat. I did my possible best to keep him hydrated and not to allow the fever to go up. Luckily a friend had given me some special liquid medicine that had multi-purpose usage. I soaked it in cotton balls and stuck these on the navel and 1 each under his feet. Applied this for 2 days at a stretch and it helped to not allow the fever to go up high at night.
Once he recovered, i was next in line. While hubby recovered within 3 days, i took 5 days to recover. I didn't apply the cotton balls medicine and instead survived on paracetamol tablets. Everyone's body is different and react differently in such circumstances. I had body weakness, dizzy spells, bad sore throat and later developed a runny nose.
Luckily, i had my daughter at home from her university. She had the milder version of the illness and was well by the time we both got it. She was a blessing and gave both of us food-both lunch and dinner. But of coz that lasted for only 3 days, till i recovered and she gave up. (she hates cooking).
During this period, i was still online schooling and had to miss 1 day due to dizziness and body weakness. I was always cold.
I should say, that i got lucky and purchased a whole stock of medicines on time before they all got sold out and hiked up prices. The drug store had no medications, and no vitamin C. I didn't have my 2 helpers, coz they also contracted the illness. Infact, the whole community was quiet and indoors. Everyone had the illness and naturally couldn't go out for their jobs. So basically, it was very calm and serenely quiet in the complex, which was very eerie to me. To remove the quietness, i turned on some soothing music. This helped to break the silence in the air.
We saw about 2 weeks of this scenario. In the meantime, we had friends leaving back for home and it became too emotional for both hubby and me. We knew that we would also go, but had to just wait and that waiting period was driving me up the wall.
I had to find something to vent out all the emotions building up inside me, and mostly negative emotions, which i had not to allow to over take my mind, esp towards the friends who have supported us. But i cldnt help it.
More later.
Comments
Post a Comment